MacombVarsity’s next stop was at Utica High School.
Four more stops today with video highlights coming soon.
Come back daily for the latest updates.
Joe and Mark break down the Top 10 before the camps get started. Take a look and let us know where we got it wrong.
A new season is upon us… Camps are opening up and Macomb Varsity is ready to go. We got this site up and running for the winter sports season last year but this will be our first run through the fall sports. There will be some bumps, it won’t be seamless, but we’re going in 100% and will get better as time goes on.
What are we planning:
- Updates from football camps, we’ll be talking to coaches and players
- Weekly releases of our updated Top 10’s
- Full game broadcasts
- Playoff previews
- Feature stories on athletes
- More that we haven’t even figured out yet
Want to get more involved?:
- Forum: we have added a forum button, located at the top of the screen. It is brand new, it is going to take some time to build. But eventually we hope you register and join the discussion…. Big game coming up? Your thoughts on our top 10’s? Let’s hear it! We will make sure to keep it positive.
- Join the team: Have a great picture from a game? Send it in. Or even better, want to become a contributor? Hit the “contact us” button and let us know. We will be in touch. We would love to have students write a game recap, send in pictures, give updates from their schools that can be updated to the site. Know someone that wants to be in sports media, please let them know about us.
Once again the Macomb Area Conference held a successful Media Day at Chippewa Valley High H.S.
Lamphere AD Russ Mckenzie once again did a fabulous job coordinating the event.
Most coaches agreed depth and avoiding major injuries are critical.
Clawson head coach Jim Sparks said” with a school our size staying healthy is Important”.
2018 promises to have a lot of balance throughout the conference and most agreed the Silver and Gold Divisions are probably the most balanced from top to bottom and that the Red Division will once again be one of the toughest in the state.
The coaches also find media day a chance to joke. Fitzgerald head coach Gary Skop jokingly said “not only is the Gold Division brutal, none of the coaches including me are good looking,the teams might be good,but the coaches are ugly” East Pointe coach Roland Bell concurred, but added I might be the best looking and that’s not saying much.” said a laughing Bell.
Anchor Bay and Lamphere will have new turf fields. A.B. head coach Mike Powell said ” we can’t wait to get on the new field” and Lamphere Rams head coach Jeff Glynn said “we are coming off a good season and we expect to be even better and playing on a new turf adds to the excitement”.
The balanced MAC realigned for the upcoming season and from the MAC Red to the Bronze it spells competitive.
2018 football camps open on Monday, August 6th and if media day is any indication the teams are ready to go and are full of optimism.
The division alignments
P. H. Northern